If folks have ever seen dogs having seizures, it’s a terrifying sight. Their body begins to shake uncontrollably, and they become unresponsive and rigid. This can be very frightening for the owner, especially if they don’t know what to do. However, treatment options, like CBD, can help reduce the severity and frequency of seizures in dogs.
cbd for dog seizures can be a lifesaver for dogs who suffer from this condition. It’s essential to understand what a seizure is and why it happens, so you can better help your dog during one.
What is a Seizure?
- Seizures are abnormal electrical discharges of the brain that cause sudden, involuntary twitching or shaking. Those are caused by abnormal electrical activity in the brain and can be partial (affecting one side of the body) or generalized (affecting both sides).
- They are not caused by epilepsy but may be acute symptoms of it. They also occur due to an infection or injury in the brain, such as after head trauma or stroke.
Symptoms of Seizure
Seizures are a common cause of strange behaviors in dogs. They can be challenging to detect because they mimic signs of other medical conditions. If you suspect your puppy is having a seizure, the best thing to do is to observe them closely and try to remember what happens before and after the seizure.
It usually lasts a few minutes and is not associated with long-term damage. However, they can be dangerous if they occur while your dog is walking or running because they may fall or run into things.
Following are the common seizure symptoms in dogs.
- Stiffening or shaking of the body
- Excessive drooling or foaming from the mouth
- A blank stare or glassy eyes
- Loss of consciousness, sometimes preceded by confusion or disorientation
Why do dogs have seizures?
The most common causes are:
- Brain tumor
- Alcohol poisoning
- Lead poisoning
- Brain infection or inflammation (usually from a bacterial or viral infection like canine distemper virus)
- Trauma to the head (a blow to the head can cause a brain injury that results in this medical condition)
- Liver problems
How to Treat Dog Seizures?
CBD oil is a natural method to treat dog seizures. It can treat any seizure at any age. It has no side effects, is not addictive, and is 100% legal in all 50 States!
CBD oil works by calming your dog down and relaxing the muscles surrounding its brain, stopping it from having another seizure. This means you won’t have to worry about taking your dog out of the car or any other situation where they might be under stress or anxiety.
When you opt for CBD for dog seizures, you must first figure out which method works best for them. Some dogs prefer the taste of treats or gummies, while others may prefer a liquid form of CBD oil.
CBD oil is the best option if you’re looking for a safe and effective alternative to traditional seizure medications. Not only does it treat well, but it also doesn’t come with any adverse side effects associated with conventional drugs. It may be the right solution if your dog has suffered from seizures or been diagnosed with epilepsy.
FilmyPost24 HomePage –CLICK HERE