New Delhi, December 13: 5 heavily-armed terrorists, on December 13 in 2001, stormed the Parliament, the highest legislative physique of the India in New Delhi, and opened hearth indiscriminately, leaving 9 individuals lifeless in lower than an hour. Right this moment marks twenty first anniversary of the unlucky day when the Parliament was got here below dastardly terror assault that shook the conscience of the nation to its core. On this 2001 Parliament assault anniversary, let’s undergo the important thing particulars of the horrific incident. India Receives Broad Reward at UN Safety Council’s Counter-Terrorism Committee for Its Management, Guiding ‘Delhi Declaration’ on Combating Terrorists.
December 13 can be an event to salute the braveness and valour of all of the troopers, who sacrificed their lives to guard the temple of Indian democracy – Parliament Home – within the cowardly terrorist assault. 26/11 Mumbai Terror Assault: President Droupadi Murmu Pays Homage to Victims of Lethal Assault; Says ‘We Share the Enduring Pain of Their Families’.
All You Want To Know About 2001 Parliament Assault:
- The assault on India’s Parliament was carried out by 5 terrorists of the Pakistan-based terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed.
- The attackers entered the Parliament premises in a White Ambassador. The car had faux stickers of the Ministry of Residence Affairs and Parliament itself.
- They had been armed with AK47 rifles, grenade launchers, pistols and grenades.
- Kamlesh Kumari Yadav, a constable posted contained in the premises, was the primary safety official to note and counter the terrorists.
- She confronted indiscriminate firing in return and died on the spot. Earlier than dying, she averted a suicide bomber among the many terrorists to execute his plan.
- Whereas the terrorists moved ahead firing indiscriminately, they may not breach the safety cowl additional to enter the primary constructing.
- Round 100 lawmakers had been current within the constructing when the assault happened.
- A battalion of Central Reserve Police Pressure (CRPF) personnel, who had returned from Jammu and Kashmir, swiftly responded to the assault and gunned down all of the terrorists.
- The horror lasted for about half-hour throughout which a complete of 9 individuals had been killed and 18 others injured.
Quickly after the assault, the Particular Cell of the Delhi Police launched an investigation and arrested 4 suspects in simply 72 hours. One of many suspects Afzal Guru was convicted and hanged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail in February 2013. One other convict, Shaukat Hussain, served his sentence on the jail. Two suspects had been acquitted by the court docket.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Dec 13, 2022 06:00 AM IST. For more information and updates on politics, world, sports activities, entertainment and way of life, go browsing to our web site filmypost24.com).
FilmyPost24 HomePage –CLICK HERE